|By Cloud Best Practices Network||
|September 13, 2016 04:00 PM EDT||
Winning the Digital Transformation Game - Harnessing the Third Platform
By Neil McEvoy
In his OMG presentation Winning the Digital Transformation Game, Mike described the overlay of Cloud, Mobile, Social and Big Data across the traditional legacy of hardware, software and telco services, constituting the ‘Third Platform' and beginning around 2006.
He highlighted the general explosion of the technology innovation ecosystem, everything from 3D Printers through Augmented Reality to the Blockchain, are each executing major levels of disruptive change, in parallel to one another.
As they intersect and synthesize so even larger virtual market opportunities are opened up, from digital currencies to entirely new app sets for the public sector to new mass market gaming niches.
This time of hyper-innovation will be best exploited by those organizations led by Chief Digital Officers, the evolution of the CTO role to reflect this increased strategic importance, and those who are practiced in building Platform architecture.
Business Architecture Blueprint
- Five organizational pillars of transformation: Leadership, Omnichannel Experience, Information, Operating Model and WorkSource.
- Three primary action drivers: Create expectation-altering customer experiences, use information for competitive advantage and create new revenue streams through connected services.
- Digital Marketplace core: A central IT design of a catalog of integrated, brokered, managed IT Business Services.
- An Enterprise Architecture Maturity Model: That defines an evolution from local agility to enterprise agility.
- A Performance Architecture: A management dashboard for synthesizing all of these initiatives to drive success and growth.
Mike then summarized by describing how Business Architecture offers the skill set to define the implementation of these pillars, repeating the central theme that it provides a formal way of linking strategy with execution planning.
The post Winning the Digital Transformation Game – Harnessing the Third Platform appeared first on CBPN.
- Cloud UVC: Unified Virtual Collaboration
- Social Media Clouds
- Open Government = Social Innovation
- Microsoft Cloud Services
- Microsoft Open Government - To the Cloud!
- Private Cloud Application Platforms
- Open Government Clouds
- Cloud Computing - Jam Today, Not Tomorrow
- Leveraging Enterprise Cloud for Level 5 BPM Maturity
- DevOps: Enabling Web Business Evolution